Greek Salad Recipe
My sisters and I learned to make this salad by watching our father. We never measure the ingredients, but these approximations will do the trick.
- 2 heads of Romaine lettuce rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 large farm fresh tomato cut in bite-size pieces or grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 bunch of green onions (scallions) thinly sliced, mostly the white part
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 oz. crumbled Feta cheese, preferably goat or sheep’s milk Feta (Note: Pre-crumbled is not as tasty but will do in a pinch.)
- Approximately ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- Approximately 2 TBs red wine vinegar
- Garlic salt, oregano, salt, pepper to taste
- Optional: Juice of ½ lemon for a citrus kick
In a large salad bowl, toss all the salad ingredients together.
Gradually add the dressing ingredients directly to the salad and toss to taste as you go.
- Start small. Add more oil, vinegar, and herbs to taste.
- Three heads of romaine lettuce will easily feed ten.